Friday, September 28, 2012

Sept Update #1 - Avery

It has been a while since we posted anything so here are some daddy updates...

Avery's vocabulary has exploded recently.  Not all of it is used correctly (e.g. "uppy" means put me down) but she is talking non-stop now.  It is worth mentioning that I am using the word talking very loosely here.  Most of what she says is screamed all the time especially if you don't listen to her right away when she starts talking.  It can go a little something like "Daddy, DAddy, DADdy, DADDy, DADDY, DADDY, DADDY" and it doesn't stop until you acknowledge her.  It is pretty funny.

As for her words, I know I'll forget some but here is a bit of a list...Daddy, Mommy, Mama, Car, Kodi, LaLa (Taylor), Uppy, Duice (Juice), baby, nigh night, loud, bouk (book), more (naturally), bink (her binky), woa, out, no, no way (her new favorite phrase) and many more.

It should be worth pointing out that I have been trying to get her to say "I love daddy" for months now and it is not going well.  The conversation goes a little something like this.

Me: Do you love Daddy?
Avery: shakes her head yes (most of the time but not always)
Me: Say I love you Daddy
Avery: No, no way

Anyway, Taylor was close to two before I got my first "I lul lou" and I will continue the fight with Avery because when she finally caves (and she will) I'll be very happy.  Kendel approaches this very differently than I do.  She has always waited until I break the baby in with an "I lul lou" and then just says "say I love you Mommy" and she gets a quick response.  I like to tell myself that my I lul lous mean more considering I badger the children for at least 6 months before I finally hear a proper response.  Here is a quick video of one of these encounters...


As you can see, I still have a long way to go.  Good thing I am dedicated...I will break her eventually.

Avery is a little over 1 1/2 now and she is so much fun right now.  I do feel she will be the hardest 2-3 year old of the three of them because she is the most stubborn but right now is a lot of fun.  One of my favorite things is watching her walk to the bus stop every morning to get Taylor on the bus.  She pushes her baby stroller and baby to the bus stop every day.  It is very cute.  I am really enjoying watching her grow and how much she loves her sisters and how much they love her.  It is great to see.


One other fun thing about Avery (before I forget)...the girl is obsessed with shoes.  In the past 3 hours, she has come into the room wearing no less than 5 different pairs of her sisters shoes and my flip flops

Some other pics of the goofball from this year...






No comments:

Post a Comment