Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Conversation coming from the kitchen.....

Erin comes running into the living room holding a bucket of crayons. I tell Erin to go put them back. She says "No" and walks further into the living room. I then say "Erin Ainsley Lambe, you go out those right back in the kitchen" (when did I start the total mom throwing in the middle name thing?). She actually listens and heads back towards the kitchen. The part that follows was absuloutely histerical ( and quite eye openign to Dave and I).

Erin walks back in the living room......
Taylor: "ERIN LAMBE, you get back here".(Erin walks back) "Put those crayons back!" (Erin puts them back we assume) "Good girl, thank you for listening to me".

Starts over, Erin walks back into the living room...(you get the picture, this happened 7-8 times). However, Taylor's parenting got funnier and funnier. She always started with "ERIN LAMBE" followed with a variety of orders or praises, such as:
"You put those on the table right now"
"You get back here"
"Thank you honey, good job"
"I am going to have to take those away from you for you don't listen to me" (let me explain "for"....she substitutes "for" or "why" for "if" all the time. For example "we can go upstairs to read books why you want to")
"I am getting very upset with you"

How we wish we had the video camera at hand. It was in the kitchen and we knew if we went for it, she would have stopped.

Dave just reminded me she also said "you are making me very angry and I can't even talk to you anymore". I say she got that one from Daddy :-)

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to mention the "you are making me very angry and I can't even talk to you anymore". I think that one was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete