Monday, August 10, 2009

Potty training and other "big girl" stuff....

Last night Taylor and I were in the kitchen. I was doing the dishes and somehow we got on the topic of Grandma being the one to change diapers when Taylor visits her house. I said to Taylor "you know....Grandma might be so happy if next time you were there, you wore big girl underwear. She might give you LOTS of marshmallows" (Grandma introduced the girls to marshmallows and they are NUTS about them). Anyway, I was fully expecting the normal reaction she normally has which is a very loud "noooooooo.....I don't want to wear underwear" or "I don't want to talk about it" (yes, she says this all the time - kinda funny). But this time, she says "OK, I want to wear big girl underwear, let's go get some". Not wanting to act *too* surprised, I follow her upstairs thinking she doesn't know what she really just agreed to and go get a pair of undies. Well, she puts them on, and keeps them on all the way to beditme. She tried sitting on her princess throne potty (hey, gotta do what works right? This thing even plays a royal tune if you pee in it) and never hit success. She actually ended up wetting her pants, but seems truely surprised, like "hey - how did THAT happen?". She went to bed in a diaper and asked for undies again this morning. Well, after 2 accidents and exclaimations of "pee pee on the floor!!" we are still no further with actually getting pee in the princess potty. I think she is still figuring out that whole "pee sensation" thing.

Which leads me to a bittersweet moment tonight. Dave goes to pick her up to take her to bed and she says "No Daddy, I can do it myself, I'm a big girl now!". She said it with such passion, it really made me sad :-( (I just realized when I typed that that it sounded like a pull ups commercial - haha). Then she gets her PJ's on and Dave tells her to give mommy kisses night night and she turns in my direction and blows me a kiss and says "night MOM"!!! Great, now I'm not even mommy anymore. Sniff.....where is my baby going???

In other random news...Taylor had a follow up with her GI doctor today and got a nice clean bill of health. 3 feet tall and 27.5 pounds!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, it must be so hard... At least she wore the panties, that has to be a step in the right direction :)

    ReplyDelete