Tuesday, December 11, 2012

She finally said it

Well, it has taken what seems like years but that is impossible because Avery is only a year and a half. Last night after months of aggressive badgering, Avery finally said "I love Daddy"!!!!! It still took some coaxing but I got it out of her. It made me sooooo happy. Here is the gist of the conversation:

Me: "Do you love Daddy?"
Avery: "No"
Me: "Say I love Daddy"
Avery: "No"
Me: "Say 'I'"
Avery: "No"
Me: "can you say love?"
Avery: "love"
Me: (amazed at what I just heard and sensing my opportunity as she has never said the word love before went for it)..."Say Daddy"
Avery: "Daddy" (that's an easy one!)
Me: (sensing the cracks in her defenses)..."Say I"
Avery: "I"
Me: "say love"
Avery: "love"
Me: "say Daddy"
Avery: "daddy"
Me: "say I love Daddy"
Avery: "I love Daddy"

I couldn't believe my ears!!! I gave her the biggest hug ever with lots of cheering. She was so excited, mostly because of the cheering but I don't care. I got my first I love you from her and as Erin would say, it was great.

Just for the record, today we were back to square one again.

Me: "Avery say I love daddy"
Avery: "no!"

Well, at least I know she can say it and it was great to hear :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment