Thursday, December 9, 2010

Do you need a Q-tip

Posted by Dave...

So much of life with kids happens by surprise.  What I mean by this is that you can walk into a room and see something you were never expecting to see.  On the particular day in question, all I had to do was open the shower door and I saw something I never expected to see. 

Kendel was out running errands and left me home alone with Taylor who was 1 1/2 at the time.  Erin was not yet with us although she due to arrive in a couple of months so technically, she was out with Kendel.

I had locked Taylor and I in the master bedroom while I wanted to take a quick shower which gave Taylor only two rooms to entertain herself but also, and more importantly, limited the damage that she could do while I was showering.  I was in the shower for about 5-10 minutes and I could see Taylor on the other side of the door sitting on the floor which I thought was great because she was quietly playing with one of her toys and I didn't need to worry about what she was up to in the other room.  The flaw in my thinking was that although we have a glass door, it is a glazed door and you cannot really see what someone is doing on the other side of it.  You really only know that they are there.

When I opened the door to grab my towel, what I saw was so amazing and surprising that I immediately went downstairs to grab the camera pretty much still soaking wet because I didn't want to miss the photo opportunity. Luckily, Taylor stayed on the floor playing with her "toys" while I went downstairs so I could take this masterpiece of a photo for record keeping.

Enjoy. 



I love the look on her face.  It is as if to say, "what, is there a problem?"  I have plenty of other photos like this with Taylor that I will post later to add to this story.  She has always been quite mischievous!

More Photos of Taylor up to no good...



No comments:

Post a Comment