Thursday, December 9, 2010

Santa Update

Posted by Dave...


So Kendel is out tonight and I was giving the kids a bath and thinking about the Santa debacle the other day so I figured I would talk to Taylor about what happened and more importantly what she is thinking about what we do next.  Here is a brief rundown of the conversation:

Me: "Taylor, when are we going to see Santa again?"
Taylor: "Um, maybe before my birthday."
Me: (trying not to laugh and wondering if she realizes her birthday is not for another 5 months) "Are you going to sit on his lap or in the chair next to him?"
Taylor: "Um, I'll stand in front of him"

Oh boy.

It ought to be a good negotiation from here on out as I try to wear her down and convince her that sitting with Santa is a good thing.  However, I realize that even if I get her to agree to sitting in the seat or on the lap from at home, it will be a different story once we are standing in that line again.

I am not sure I am even going to bother with Erin unless she starts to talk about Santa herself.  I think she is a lost cause given that she saw the pictures from the previous post and had some choice words for Santa.

This is still my favorite season by far though as they are so much fun to watch.  It is the first time that they have really been in to Santa even it it means as long as they don't have to talk to him or sit anywhere near him.

No comments:

Post a Comment