Thursday, December 9, 2010

You're not my Bes Fwiend

Posted by Dave...


Life with 2 girls has been very entertaining.  It has been very interesting seeing where the girls are very similar and where you might think they came from different parents in different parts of the world.  A great example of this is their approach to confrontation which happens quite often at this age and some days, it seems to happen almost every 5 minutes.

When Taylor gets upset with Erin, she usually runs to mommy or daddy and rats out Erin for whatever she has done which usually involves taking something that Taylor was playing with or sometimes just thought about playing with.  The best days are when they start fighting over stuff they thought about playing with but were not actually in physical possession because when that starts to happen, the day usually goes downhill pretty quickly.  The only hope for days like that is nap time or bedtime!

Anyway, Erin has a very different approach to confrontation.  It usually involves her going up to Taylor and hitting her in the head and is often followed by "Tawa, you're not my bes fwiend".  I think she would give Mike Tyson a run for his money.  Anyway, if you follow the logic of Taylor's approach to confrontation, she usually takes the hit to the head and then comes and tells mommy or daddy.  God help us when she realizes she is bigger than Erin and hits her back!

With all that said, the girls get along great most of the time and like normal siblings, they have their moments.  And, for the record, Erin has told me that she is not my bes fwiend a few times as well.  My favorite example of this was at the dinner table one night when it was just the two of us.  I had asked her to sit in her seat to eat and I was just about to sit myself when she lowered her head, extended out her lower lip, started crying, said she was not my bes fwiend and proceeded to run out of the kitchen and go upstairs.  I was dumbfounded and quite entertained at the same time.  That was one I wish I had on video :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment