Thursday, December 9, 2010

Tangled (aka Erin's first movie)

Posted by Dave...

This is another one of my more recent favorite stories.  I took the week of Thanksgiving off from work to finish up a lot of odds and ends around the house from the kitchen remodel and to spend some time with the girls since I have had a tremendously busy year with little to no vacation.

On the Saturday after Thanksgiving, we decided to go and see the movie "Tangled" as a family which would be our first one together in the movie theater.  Taylor has seen a couple in the theater but Erin has never been although seen plenty of them at home.  We got there early enough because we figured it would be busy on a weekend with rainy weather and being a kids movie.  Kendel sat on one end, Taylor next to her and then me with Erin on my lap for the movie.

We learned with Taylor that the movie seats are too low and the girls do not weigh enough to keep the seats flat so the first time we took Taylor to a movie (Toy Story 3) and tried to get her to sit in one of those seats, her feet ended up above her head with her falling down the crack of the seat which meant she ended up on my lap for that movie, not that I am complaining. :-)  We solved the problem for Taylor though by bringing a foam booster seat which props her up a lot higher so she can see the screen and helps to keep her seat flat.  It works great.  We only have one of those seats though so Erin had to slum it with Dad.  Of course I loved every second of her sitting on my lap because I was getting hugs, cuddles and kisses for 90 minutes with many "I love you"s thrown in there throughout the movie.  She is just such a lovable kid and is constantly giving hugs, kisses and I love you.  Her latest is that she says, "I love you to infinamy".  Very cute.

Besides all the love that I was getting from Erin, it was really entertaining to see Taylor watching the movie.  She LOVED it.  I had taken her to see a movie called "Megamind" not too long prior to this movie (just Taylor and I for a Daddy daughter date) and although she seemed to like it, this movie she loved.  It was great to see her laughing out loud on a number of occasions throughout the movie for sometimes the littlest things.  Disney did a great job with this movie because Kendel and I loved it too.  The horse in the movie was hysterical and had Taylor and Erin laughing the whole time.  They really could have just put him on the screen for 90 minutes and the girls would have been happy.

If you haven't seen the movie, it is definitely worth seeing whether you are an adult or for your kids.

It will definitely be a movie that we will own when it is released on DVD.  And girls...for when you are reading this in 20 years, DVDs (digital video disc I think) were disc like objects that went into a "DVD Player" so that you could watch a movie at home or in your car.  You could rent or buy them from the video store or online.

No comments:

Post a Comment